Your cart is currently empty!
The Wedding of Kim & Joe
Kim & Joe held their wedding reception in the Marquee at Victoria Park with ceremony on-site in the Courtyard. Recently the pair sat down to discuss their big day with the Victoria Park team.
Tell us about your journey together, from how you met, to what the proposal was like!
We met in high school and coming from similar backgrounds we instantly got along. Our love for each other grew throughout the years and after university we decided to buy a house together. In 2019 we went on a holiday to Queenstown, New Zealand where we drove and explored the beautiful South Island. Joe had planned a spectacular helicopter flight to the top of Mount Franz Josef Glacier where he proposed!
What (besides the obvious ‘I do’) was your favourite part of your wedding?
The wedding speeches were moving and gave the wedding a very personal touch. It was lovely to reminisce and laugh at old stories.
Tell us about your decorations and wedding styling – did you incorporate anything new / a theme? What did you choose for your wedding entertainment and guest favors?
The theme was white and green with a touch of pink and gold. Kate Dawes flowers were the main feature highlighted by pillar candles from Southern Lights Candles.
The Red Tie Band played the bride down the aisle and performed in a 6-piece configuration during canapés through to the end of the reception.
Hong Teck did the Lion Dancing performance.
Each guest received personalized name place cards designed by La Boda & bespoke handcrafted chocolate pralines by Little Cocoa.
What’s the best piece of advice you can give other brides to be?
Don’t stress the small things and just enjoy the day it goes by so quickly!
Would you recommend Victoria Park to other people getting married?
Absolutely. Shout out to Lauren Allen for helping us through the entire process and making sure we were taken care of.
Below are the fantastic suppliers that helped bring Kim & Joe’s dream day to life:
- Photographer Anthony from Lover of Mine
- Videographer Chrissy from Weddings by Butterscotch
- Celebrant Jamie Eastgate by Brisbane City Celebrants
- Florals by Kate Dawes
- Make up by Hong Le
- Hairstyling by Paula Maree
- Dress Chosen by KYHA
- Bridesmaids dresses by Shona Joy
- Suits by Hugo Boss
- Wedding Cake by Vanilla Pod
- Dance floor by Staging Creations
- Dessert bar by Simply Divine Occasions
- Photo booth by ClickClick Photo booth
- Soft Serve Cart by Gathering Events
- Bespoke wedding favours by Little Cocoa
- Lion Dancing by Hong Teck
- Band by Red Tie Band
- Custom stationary, signs, props & place cards by La Boda
- Candles by Southern Lights Candles