The Victoria Park Vision: Brisbane’s biggest park in 50 years
Have you heard the news? The Brisbane City Council are creating public parklands at Victoria Park from 2021!
To make way for 45 hectares of greenspace, the 18-hole golf course at Victoria Park will sadly be closing in July 2021.
Our Directors have been working with BCC since 1999 to operate all Victoria Park facilities and are committed to further developing the destination for years to come.
Please note Victoria Park’s Driving Range, Putt Putt, eight Function Venues and Bistro will not be closing!
Victoria Park Development Plan:
A draft plan for the Victoria Park re-development was released in December 2020.
This plan includes the following facilities:
- Cultural Hub / visitor centre
- The Green Amphitheatre
- Lake Barrambin
- Lake Pavilion
- Boat House and canoe launch
- The Wetlands
- York’s Hollow
- Nature and water play gully
- Sensory adventure trails
- Connector Walk
- Canopy Pods
- The Tree House
- Art / exploratory trails/sculpture park
- The Rolling Hill
- Adventure Valley
- Local Community Park
- Cricket Nets
- Community Field
- Future investigation area
- Picnic Pods
- Productive gardens
- Spring Hill Common
- Relocated community tennis courts
- Upgraded land bridge
- Entry Plaza
- New shared path bridge
- Dog off-leash area
- New function lawns
- New golf skills area
- Existing Driving Range
- Existing Putt Putt Golf Course
- Existing Victoria Park Bistro
- Existing Victoria Park Function Venue – please note: access to green space, historic trees and golf buggies for wedding photos will remain open during the redevelopment process.
- Existing Centenary Pool
- Car Parking
- Gilchrist Avenue reduced and upgraded
- Historic golf clubhouse
- Maintenance facility
- Park Kiosk opportunity.
In the final draft plan, Victoria Park is set to become a natural retreat, an urban park for adventure, discovery and reconnection. To read more about the Victoria Park Vision, please click here